Major Causes of Car Accidents
About 38,000 accident-related fatalities are recorded in the US every year, and over 2 million people sustain injuries in automotive collisions. Idaho is no exception to the increasing number of car accidents. An accident can result in unexpected expenses and might even cause the loss of a family’s breadwinner in case of wrongful death. But, what do you do if you’re involved in a car accident?
Many clients who come to Lister Frost Injury Lawyers seek expert legal assistance following a car accident. Suppose you or your loved one has sustained an injury or experienced a wrongful death after a car accident. In that case, you’ll find an experienced Idaho Personal Injury Lawyer who is quite familiar with traffic safety and any related information.
The lawyer will work tirelessly to ensure you recover the compensation for your expenses and losses, as well as help, keep the community safe by holding liable negligent drivers for their actions. Call the Lister Frost Injury Lawyers’ office or use the online scheduling tool to book an appointment today.
What Are The Main Causes Of Car Accidents?
Auto accidents in Idaho, and across the country, are largely the result of three key instances, including:
- Negligence: Negligence is generally listed as the leading cause of car accidents in Idaho. In the case of negligence, the at-fault driver is often not paying enough attention to road or traffic conditions.
- Product liability: In the case of product liability, the car is the issue. A defective tire that blows, for instance, is outside of the control of the seemingly at-fault driver and the victim. In such a case, the defective tire manufacturer is held liable for the accident, although there wasn’t actual intent to cause injury.
- Driving under the influence or speeding: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs as well as speeding are two major contributors to automotive accidents. In either case, the at-fault driver is already aware of the current condition but basically ignores it.
What Are The Common Injuries Caused By Car Accidents?
There are various types of car accidents, including head-on collisions, rear-end collisions, and side or T-bone collisions. These different auto accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, including:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is among the most common car accident injuries and can occur when a vehicle is hit by another car or slams into a structure or another car. In most cases, the victim may not realize the issue initially and only realizes they are injured after the pain begins to present itself on the neck or back.
- Fractures: Fractures and broken bones are other common types of injury in most car accidents.
- Neck and head injuries: Neck and head injuries can be caused by sudden back and forth movements as a result of the accident’s impact (especially in rear-end collisions). Significant symptoms include blurred vision, headaches, or even migraines.
- Spinal cord injuries: Injuries to the spinal cord can include conditions such as herniated discs.
Immediately following a car accident, it’s advisable to seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if the problem is not noticeable at first. If possible, you can collect any relevant information and record a statement with the police. To ensure you have a successful claim process, it’s important to seek an experienced attorney’s help.
Contact Lister Frost Injury Attorneys
Lister Frost Injury Attorneys are a recognized, leading Idaho car accident law firm. The knowledgeable Idaho Personal Injury lawyers will help you file your claim and negotiate the rightful compensation.
To get started, call Lister Frost Injury Attorneys today at (208) 333-3333 or use the online tool to schedule a consultation to discuss your case.